In today’s digital era, companies are highly vulnerable than ever to cyber threats and security breaches. Cybersecurity threats such as ransomware attacks, malware attacks, data breaches, and threats have become very common, and they pose a critical threat to businesses of all sizes. To overcome such security breaches and cyber-attacks, the International Standard Organization (ISO) created an all-inclusive suite of guidelines named the ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (a.k.a. ISO 27001). These International standards assist worldwide businesses in implementing, organizing, observing, and managing their ISMS (information security management systems).
Understanding of ISO 27001
ISO/IEC 27001 is a significant standard for information security that gives a framework for an effectual ISMS. Such a standard was introduced by the ISO as well as the IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission). ISO/ IEC 27001’s systematic approach helps companies manage their information security by maintaining people, processes & technology.
ISO 27001 certification is widely acknowledged and accepted as evidence that an organization’s information security management system (ISMS) aligns with the best practices of information security. As part of the ISO 27000 series, this certification provides a framework for businesses to establish, implement, operate, monitor, maintain, and continually improve their ISMS.
In simple words, obtaining an ISO 27001 certification enables businesses to elevate the quality of their products and services to meet internationally recognized standards and processes. This compliance backing provides greater assurance, resulting in more deals and increased revenue.
ISO 27001 certification: Benefits
It helps companies to:-
- Meet Legal And Regulatory Requirements: This certification aids businesses to meet legal and regulatory necessities for information security. Compliance with the ISO 27001 standard can help businesses to avoid financial & legal penalties/ fines for security breaches.
- Improve their Reputation: By completing an internationally recognized ISO standard certification, businesses validate their devotion to information security and augment their reputation in the global marketplace.
- Increase Efficiency: It helps companies to organize their sensitive information security approaches and procedures. By executing a standardized approach to information security, companies can straight increase efficiency.
- Boosts Confidence and Integrity: ISO 27001 certification boosts confidence and demonstrates integrity in the eyes of clientele, partners as well as other stakeholders that their sensitive or confidential data is in safe hands.
- Reduce Security Risks: It also helps companies to identify and evaluate information security threats and execute appropriate controls to alleviate such threats or risks. By controlling security risks, companies can straight protect their important information and sustain the trust of their stakeholders and patrons.
- Improve Customer Confidence: The certification helps organizations to improve customer confidence by demonstrating their commitment to information security.
- Serves as a Seal of Approval: It serves as a seal of proof (or approval) that an independent 3rd-party certified body is regularly assessing the security posture of the organization and finds it to be operational.
- Comply with Other Frameworks: ISO 27001 certification helps comply with other legislation and frameworks, like General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) the NIST SP 800 series, the NIS Directive as well as others while assisting to avoid expensive penalties.
ISO 27001 isn’t merely available for information security management system, yet various other certifications are linked with ISO 27001 that offer extra and exclusive rewards to businesses. Such certifications cover precise zones of information security and offer an in-depth emphasis on definite aspects of the ISMS (information security management system).
Also Read: What are ISO standards and their importance?
ISO 27001: Associated Certifications
Let us take a glance at some of these associated ISO 27001 certifications:
- ISO 27002: This standard provides guidelines for implementing and maintaining security controls based on the ISO 27001 standard. It is often used in conjunction with the ISO 27001 standard, which provides a framework for establishing an information security management system.
- ISO 27005: This standard guides for risk management in information security based on the ISO 27001 standard. It covers the risk assessment process, risk treatment options, and risk monitoring and review.
- ISO 27017: ISO 27017 course also provides direction on cloud computing security. ISO 27017 provides a framework for organizations to manage the security risks associated with cloud computing and ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of their data.
- ISO 27018: ISO 27018 describes on the PII (protection of personally identifiable information) in public cloud environs. The standard outlines the requirements for implementing and maintaining an information security management system for the processing of PII in public cloud environments. ISO 27018 provides a framework for organizations to protect the privacy of their customers’ data in public cloud environments.
- ISO 22301: ISO 22301 standard also guides business continuity management. This standard lays out the necessary criteria for developing, implementing, maintaining, and enhancing a business continuity management system (BCMS). The BCMS is a framework of policies, procedures, and controls that.
Why Choose Microtek Learning for ISO 27001 Certification Training?
Microtek Learning is an internationally recognized partner that provides all-inclusive ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Training Courses counting, Introduction, Foundation, Lead Implementer, Lead Auditor, and Transition. We have successfully delivered ISO 27001 Training sessions to various government agencies, MNCs, individuals, and corporate sectors. Our valuable learning environment and accelerated training techniques have been designed to make the topics engaging and understandable.
Our Industry Best Trainers and staff constantly provide in-house certification training to customers who wish to have a complete know-how of the approaches, theories, standards, models, and techniques related to an ISMS (information security management system. Our dedicated instructors have designed an exceptional teaching style to help ambitious ISO 27001 applicants master the art of protecting digital info in their organization with this leading-edge certification.
Who should attend PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 exam?
The PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 exam is specifically designed for individuals who are in charge of leading ISMS based on the global standard ISO/IEC 27001. This would typically include:
- Information Security Managers
- Information Security Consultants
- IT Specialists or Professionals
- Compliance Managers
- External and Internal ISO 27001 Auditors
- Risk Managers
What you will learn by attending PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 training?
- Information security concepts and principles: This module covers the fundamental concepts of information security, including confidentiality, integrity, and availability. Besides, the course also introduces the concepts and models of information security management, risk management, and compliance with legal & regulatory supplies.
- ISO/IEC 27001 standard: This module provides an in-depth overview of the ISO/IEC 27001 standard, its structure, requirements, and the process of certification. Participants will learn how to interpret the standard and apply its requirements to their organization.
- ISMS planning, implementation, and operation: This module covers the planning, implementation, and operation of an ISMS based on the ISO/IEC 27001 standard. Participants will learn how to develop an ISMS policy, conduct a risk assessment, implement controls, and manage information security incidents.
- ISMS performance assessment and improvement: This module covers the performance evaluation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of ISMS. Participants will learn how to measure the effectiveness of the ISMS, conduct internal audits, manage nonconformities, and implement corrective and preventive actions.
- ISMS certification audit: This module provides an overview of the certification audit process and the roles and responsibilities of auditors and auditees. Applicants will acquire knowledge of preparing and participating in an Information security management system certification audit.
By the end of the training course, participants will have the knowledge and skills required to implement and maintain an ISMS based on the ISO/IEC 27001 standard and will be prepared to take the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam.
In short, the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam is designed for professionals who have direct responsibility for implementing, maintaining, and improving an organization’s ISMS based on the ISO/IEC 27001 standard.
In conclusion, ISO 27001 and associated certifications provide organizations with a framework for managing and protecting their sensitive information. Implementing ISMS based standards can help organizations reduce the threat of cyber-attack incidents, thus improving data protection, and validating their commitment to stakeholders. Certification to these standards is a validation of an organization’s information security management practices and can help them stand out in a competitive market. In order to remain protected from the evolving landscape of cyber threats, organizations must stay current with the most recent best practices and standards in information security.
Gain knowledge of Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) from the Trustworthy Training Partner. Best Price Guarantee!