- Information Security is a process you need to follow to ensure proper security measures are taken for the risks to your business. It is achieved by a combination of technology and human interaction with the data.
- It is about how we follow the policies, processes, and procedures.
Need of Information Security in Organizations
- In Information Security, we are looking to avoid and recover from incidents when they happen. Ultimately every organization that handles information will have some incident at some point in time and have to be prepared for the recovery.
- We need to secure the processes that we follow, the technology we use, and the data we store. Whether this data is stored electronically or not.
- Information is an asset in the organization, just like any other business asset with value.
- Depending on the organization, the asset will have a different value and risks associated with it. Therefore, like any asset, it should come with protection and management within the business.
What type of Information needs to be secured?
- Many people think that information security is related to IT technologies, laptops, computers, etc. But that is not the case. By the information, it means how it exists in a multitude of different forms.
- Information can be on the website, phone calls, recorded webinars. It is created in different forms and is owned as an asset internally and externally in business.
- Access to this information is given to people who may be from the organization or outside the organization. People from outside the organization can be your customer, third-party suppliers, or the local public.
- It also includes the lifecycle of the information, about how long it lasts once it is on the website or portal.
- We need to consider how the information is transmitted and communicated to the source, without any disruption. It is also important to remember when we talk about deleting or destroying data. Also, the data stored on the cloud does not always get deleted.
- It's about keeping our info which is valuable, free from the search engine. You need to keep it safe from harm and ensure that we protect ourselves from breaching access to that data.
- Information Security is valuable because it protects our information from threats. We regularly hear about breaches in large organizations, and not only large ones that get affected due to security breaches.
- Risks associated with cyber-attacks, and data breaches continue to increase and making Information Security has become a critical issue for every business.
- An organization should have an effective approach that should help defend against external attacks and common internal threats such as accidental breaches and human error.
What does ISO/IEC 27001 consist of?
- ISO/IEC 27001 is the international standard that provides the specification for an Information Security Management system or ISMS.
- It is a systematic approach consisting of people, processes, and technology. It helps you protect and manage all your organization's information through risk management.
- ISMS conforms to ISO 27001, which helps organizations comply with a set of laws, including the high-profile data protection regulation commonly referred to as GDPR. And network info system is also known as the NIS Regulations.
- ISO/IEC 27001 focuses on protecting three key aspects of information-Confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Confidentiality means information is not available or disclosed to unauthorized people or processes.
- Integrity means that the information is complete, accurate, and protected from corruption.
- Availability means that the info is accessible and usable and when authorized users require it.
ISO/IEC 27001 certification training is one of the most popular information security standards in the world. It has several certifications, growing by more than 450% in the past 10 years.
The standard is designed to help organizations manage their security practices consistently and cost-effectively.
How it works with Organizations?
- It's technology and vendor-neutral and applies to all organizations irrespective of their size, type, or nature.
- ISO/IEC 27001 is the mainstay of the ISO 27000 series, a family of certifications mutually supporting information security standards. That together provides a globally recognized framework for the best practice of info security management.
- These standards help organizations keep their assets secure by offering a set of specific codes of conduct and best practice guidelines to ensure strong info security management.
To get detailed information about ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Training
Benefits of ISO 27001
ISO/IEC 27001 training helps you secure information in all its forms.
ISMS help protect all forms of information, whether digital or paper-based or stored in the cloud.
Implementing and maintaining the ISMS will significantly increase your organization's resilience to cyber-attacks.
Protect what matters
ISO/IEC 27001 protects against technology-based risks and other more common threats such as poorly informed staff or ineffective procedures
Respond to evolving threats
An ISMS constantly adapts to changes both in the threat environment and inside the organization by ensuring the information security risks are effectively managed over time.
Reduce costs associated with info security.
An ISMS looks to assess and treat risk cost-effectively ensuring organizations can maximize their return on investment protect on confidentiality, availability, and integrity of your data.
ISO/IEC 27001 standards holistic approach covers the whole organization and not just the IT dept. So, the employee can readily understand and embrace security controls as a part of their everyday working practices.
How to get ISO/IEC 27001 Certification for your Organization?
- To achieve the certification, the initial step is to meet the mandatory requirements of the standard.
- ISO/IEC 27001 provides a lot of benefits to your organization and helps secure the data in a guided format.
- The certification body checks whether the organization has the steps implemented in an effective manner or not. If not, they suggest a few changes which can applied for proper manner.
- Associate from the certification is board is sent to examine the organization and if they meet with all the requirements, they board provides with the certification to the respective organization.
- One ought to acquire the ISO/IEC 27001 certification because it can assist you Stand out from the group. It will conjointly increase your pay potential because it is a globally recognized certification and provide you with higher job opportunities.
Complete your coaching with Microtek Learning.