Last Updated On: May. 26, 2023
What is Cyber Security?
It is a method to apply various techniques, controls, and processes to safeguard your data, network, devices, and confidential information from cyber-attacks. It protects your details from any malicious activities and online theft.
Need for Cyber security
- In the world of cloud computing and non–interrupted access to internet, we use it for almost all purposes in our daily life. By using various applications we download and upload our information on the cloud storage knowingly and unknowingly.
- Hackers have a good opportunity as they have access points, public addresses, constant traffic, and tons of data to exploit. Cyber-attacks are evolving by the day. Hackers are becoming sharp and more creative with their malware by bypassing virus scans, and firewalls which baffles many people.
- There are various types of cyber attacks, and we need to be careful about them.
Let's look at some common types of cyber-attacks:
- Malware: Malware attacks are a way of sending malicious code and data to the user’s system. It executes unauthorized application and spy remotely.
- Phishing: Phishing is way, where the hackers act as a third party organisation and send you emails or messages to fill out your details. Once personal data is entered, it is then used against that person.
- Password Attacks: Hackers try to gain access to your account or system by cracking your password with malicious activities.
- DDOS (distributed denial of service): Hackers send a high volume requests to your network which eventually creates a connection issue in your network.
- Man–in–the–middle: Disguising as a specific person or third party, hackers gain your information for their benefit.
- Drive-by downloads: It is practice where any software of program is downloaded to the user system just by visiting a particular site.
- Mal advertising: By the clicking on the ads, a malicious code gets downloaded on the user’s system.
Who is vulnerable to these Cyber Attacks?
- The Internet is not a safe place as you might think it is. It not only applies to individuals but also large organizations.
- Cyber breaches in the past have affected the privacy and confidentiality of data. Major Cyber breaches have been executed across various companies.
- Many multinational companies across globe have faced issues related to cyber breaches. The hackers where able to breach the security even after the companies had taken strong measures towards cyber security.
- Hackers not only attack individuals and small companies but also are a threat to big companies as well.
- Under all these ongoing issues with cyber attacks, we need to have some mechanism and protocol to protect us from all these types of cyber-attacks, and indeed there is a way called Cyber security.
How does Cyber Security Works?
- It comprises cyber security and physical security. Both these features are used by organizations to restrict any unauthorized activities towards physical and computerized data.
- Information security is designed to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data as a subset of cyber security.
- Cyber security helps us from being vulnerable to cyber-attacks, data theft, losing confidential data and with risk management when such attacks happen.
- So when an organization has a strong sense of network security and an effective incident response plan, they can prevent and mitigate these attacks.
- Cyber security consists help us to protect ourselves from unauthorized modification, deletion, and access.
- These three are similar to the very commonly known CIA triad, which stands for confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability also commonly referred to as the three pillars of security. Most security policies of huge organizations and smaller companies are based on these three principles.
Importance of ISO/IEC 27032 certification
- As we now know about the detailed complexity of the infrastructure and vulnerability of companies to cyber-attacks. It becomes crucial to understand the importance of having a proper standard that sets the parameter to shield ourselves from such Cybercrimes.
- To set these parameters against Cyber Attacks, we have the ISO/IEC 27032 standard. It is a complete guide for making your interaction with cyberspace safe and encrypted based on ISO/IEC 27032 and NIST cyber security framework.
- The ISO/IEC 27032 certification training standard focuses on different security domains in cyberspace.
Who should attain this training?
- Individuals interested in cyber security or are involved in cyber security and information security, or even pursuing a career in the cyber security framework.
- Data and information is now very crucial asset of the companies. Hence it needs to be safeguarded from cyber attacks. Companies need people who are trained and certified in such standards with proper knowledge about the cyberspace framework.
- Hence individuals can get themselves certified in such courses and secure great opportunities in the world for cyber security.
- You can get complete training at Microtek learning which provides certification in ISO/IEC 27032.
- It has two parts, ISO/IEC 27032 Cyber Security Foundation Training and ISO/IEC 27032 Lead Cybersecurity Manager Training.
Once you complete the training and acquire a proper certification, you can apply to various job positions.
For more information, Click Here.
Leave a message here