10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Course Overview
This five-day educator drove course shows understudies how to utilize the improvements and new elements that have been added to SQL Server and the Microsoft information stage since the arrival of SQL Server 2008. The course concentrates on showing people how to utilize SQL Server 2014 item includes and other Microsoft information stage parts.
10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Audience Profile
The essential gathering of people for this course is database and business insight (BI) experts who know about SQL Server 2008 and need to refresh their abilities to SQL Server 2014, and get comfortable with related Microsoft information advances.
10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 At Course Completion
Subsequent to finishing 10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 course, understudies will have the capacity to:
- Depict key elements and capacities of SQL Server 2014.
- Use new and improved elements to create database in SQL Server 2014.
- Use in-memory database abilities in SQL Server 2014.
- Oversee SQL Server 2014 by utilizing dynamic administration perspectives and PowerShell.
- Execute security in SQL Server 2014.
- Execute high-accessibility and information recuperation systems in SQL Server 2014.
- Utilize SQL Server 2014 Integration Services.
- Utilize SQL Server 2014 Data Quality Services.
- Utilize SQL Server 2014 Master Data Services.
- Oversee SQL Server 2012 Agent and Jobs.
- Execute an unthinkable information show in SQL Server 2014 Analysis Services.
- Execute a Self-Service BI arrangement with Microsoft Excel 2013.
- Depict key components of cloud answers for information.
- Execute a database in Microsoft Azure SQL Database.
- Execute a SQL Server database in a Microsoft Azure virtual machine.
- Execute a Big Data arrangement with Microsoft Azure HDInsight and the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Course Outline
1. Introduction to SQL Server 2014
- Overview of SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2014 Editions and Components
- Installing SQL Server 2014
- Enhancements to SQL Server Management Studio
2. What's New in SQL Server Database Development
- Transact-SQL Enhancements and Functions
- Enhancements to Spatial Data Support
- Storing and Querying Documents with SQL Server 2014
3. In-Memory Database Capabilities
- The Buffer Pool Extension
- Columnstore Indexes and Memory-Optimized Tables
4. Scripting SQL Server 2014
- Dynamic Management Views
- Manage SQL Server using PowerShell
5. Implementing Security in Microsoft SQL Server 2014
- Security Management Enhancements
- Contained Databases
6. High Availability and Data Recovery Enhancements
- AlwaysOn High Availability
- Enhancements to Data Recovery
7. New and Enhanced Features in SQL Server Integration Services
- Use CDC Control Task for Incremental Data Loads
- Deploy and Operate SSIS Packages
8. Data Quality Services
- Introduction to Data Quality
- Use Data Quality Services to Cleanse and Match Data
9. Master Data Services
- Introduction to Master Data Services
- Implement a Master Data Services Model
- Use the Master Data Services Add-in for Excel
10. SQL Server 2014 Reporting Services
- Reporting Services Overview
- Reporting Services and Microsoft SharePoint Server
- Introduction to Data Alerts
11. Implementing an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model
- Introduction to Analysis Services Tabular Data Model Projects
- Creating a Tabular Model
- Use an Analysis Services Tabular Data Model in the Enterprise
12. Self-Service Business Intelligence (BI) with Microsoft Excel
- PowerPivot for Excel and SharePoint Server
- Power Query, Power View, and Power Map
- Power BI for Office 365
13. Introduction to Cloud Data Solutions
- Overview of Cloud Computing
- Microsoft Azure Services for Data
14. Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure SQL Database
- Microsoft Azure SQL Database Security
- Implementing and Managing Databases
15. SQL Server in Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Introduction to Microsoft Azure Virtual Machines
- Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine Connectivity and Security
- Creating Databases in a Microsoft Azure Virtual Machine
16. Implementing Big Data Solutions
- Introduction to Big Data
- Microsoft Azure HDInsight
- Consuming HDInsight Results in Excel
- Obtaining Data from the Microsoft Azure Marketplace
- View More View More
10977: Updating Your SQL Server Skills to Microsoft SQL Server 2014 course requires you meet the accompanying essentials:
- Experience of building and overseeing database, information distribution center, and business insight (BI) arrangements with SQL Server 2008.
- Recognition with the Windows Server 2012 working framework and systems administration.
- Recognition with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013.