The Autodesk® Advance Steel software is a 3D modeling application and used to create fabricated drawings, Bills of Materials, Lists, and The Autodesk® Advance Steel software files. The software is very complex due to the complexity of structural steel projects. The main aim of this course is creating full 3D project models with a high level of detailing and setting them up in fabrication drawings. We will begin with the learning of User Interface, 3D viewing tools, and AutoCAD® tools that can be used on a routine basis. Autodesk Advance Steel objects such as structural columns, beams, anchors, welds, bracing and some additional objects will also be covered. you will also be learning how to generate documentation files which will enable your design to communicate the final design accurately and effectively
- Understanding 3D modeling process and extraction of 2D documentation.
- Navigation of Autodesk Advance Steel interface.
- 3D viewing tools and working with them.
- Reviewing of AutoCAD Tools.
- User Coordinate System (UCS) and working with it.
- Autodesk Advance Steel Modify commands and using them.
- Adding structural grids.
- Creating levels.
- Modeling of Columns and Beams and adding braces
- Use of Connection Vaults for making connections
- creating custom connections.
- Creating plates and adding jolts, stays, and welds.
- Adding Grates and Clades.
- modeling of steps, stairs, and railings.
- creating Concrete objects
- Objects numbering.
- Use of Drawing Styles and Processes for extracting 2D drawings from the model.
- Using Document Manager for reviewing and modifying 2D drawings.
- Using parametric measurements for modifying 2D details
- Revision of models and drawings.
- Creating list of Bill of Materials (BOM).
- Data exporting to .NC and .DXF documents.
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Autodesk Advance Steel Software
- Introduction to Autodesk Advance Steel
- Overview of the Interface
- Viewing the Model
- Helpful AutoCAD Tools
- Working with the User Coordinate System (UCS)
- Using the Autodesk Advance Steel Modify Commands
Chapter 2: Building Models
- Starting Autodesk Advance Steel Projects
- Adding Structural Grids
- Creating Levels
- Modeling Columns and Beams
- Adding Bracing
- Integrating with the Autodesk Revit Software
Chapter 3: Creating Connections
- Working with the Connection Vault
- Editing Beam Intersections
- Creating Plates
- Adding Features to Plates and Beams
- Adding Bolts and Welds
- Creating Custom Connections
Chapter 4: Additional Model Objects
- Adding Grating and Cladding
- Modeling Ladders, Stairs, and Railings
- Creating Concrete Objects
Chapter 5: Creating Fabrication Drawings
- Numbering Objects
- Tools for Creating Drawings
- Using Drawing Styles
- Running Drawing Processes
- Modifying Detail Drawings
- Revising Models and Drawings
Chapter 6: Bills of Materials and Numerical Control Files
- Extract BOM Lists
- Exporting Data to .NC and .DXF Files
understanding and knowledge of basic AutoCAD tools is recommended