Today, various galaxies of tools, techniques, and methodologies form the structure of project management cosmos; and, one of the widely used methodologies for project management is PRINCE2 (Projects In Controlled Environments). Initially developed as a UK government standard for information systems, the modern age PRINCE2 belongs to AXELOS Ltd. PRINCE2 project management methodology fits any project type and size.
Seven Principles of PRINCE2:
The seven principles that make PRINCE2 a globally favorite project management methodology are:
- Provide business justification
- Learn from the experiences
- Manage in small stages
- Define roles & responsibilities
- Focus on products
- Manage by exceptions
- Customize according to the project environment
Seven Themes of PRINCE2:
The seven themes that make PRINCE2 methodology a roadmap for cost-effective project management are:
- Business case
Seven Processes of PRINCE2:
The identifiable process is a key part of any project management strategy. PRINCE2 methodology consists of seven identifiable processes:
- Control the Stages
- Manage Product Delivery
- Follow Stage Boundary
- Close the Project
Seven 7 Benefits of PRINCE2 Project Management:
- Common Language – Common framework’s terminology & methods standardize project management activities
- Flexibility in Project Management – User don’t require to run specific software for PRINCE2
- Clarity- Well- defined roles, responsibilities and communication patterns
- Best Practice Framework – Based on practical expertise and knowledge of experienced practitioners
- Risk Management – Offers a dependable methodology for early-stage risk assessment
- Designated Autonomy – Freedom to work autonomously with opportunities to develop specific skills
- Stakeholders’ Involvement – Enables the users for accounting the changed requirements before the project’s completion
PRINCE2 Certifications for Competitive Project Management – The Career Boosters:
Accredited training partners of AXELOS provide virtual and classroom training for the variety of PRINCE2 certifications awarded at different levels:
- PRINCE2 Foundation Certification:
It is the entry level is a certification that demonstrates your readiness to work with the project management team using PRINCE2 methodology. To get the certification, you have to take on a ‘one-hour’ exam online with 75 multiple choice questions. To get PRINCE2 Foundation certification, you need to score at least 50%.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner Certification:
Its 2nd level certification designed for ‘certified ‘PRINCE2 Foundation’ experts. During the training, the professionals learn to implement PRINCE2 techniques in diverse project environments. The passing score for an open book exam is 55%.
- PRINCE2 Agile Foundation Certification:
PRINCE2 Agile Foundation certificate course is designed to help the IT professionals customize PRINCE2 management controls with Agile techniques and frameworks. It is the entry level specialization course that advances the skills of PRINCE2 practitioners. During the ‘PRINCE2 Agile Foundation’ training, PRINCE2 practitioners learn Agile concepts & techniques including Kanban, Scrum, Cynefin and Lean Start-up. The passing score for the ‘closed book’ exam is 55%.
- Prince 2 Agile Practitioner Certification:
PRINCE2 Agile Practitioner is the 2nd level certification ideally designed for certified ‘PRINCE2 Agile Foundation’ professionals. During the training, certified ‘PRINCE2 Agile Foundation’ professionals learn defining requirements & user stories, creating contracts with Agile, Releasing early and Communicating effectively like valuable skills. The passing score for the two-and-a-half hour’s exam is 55%.
PRINCE2 certifications and PRINCE2 Agile certifications are high in demand credentials as more and more organizations are recognizing the power of PRINCE2 and Agile project management methodologies. The certifications are designed as a roadmap to improve the performance and to boost up the career growth remarkably. PRINCE2 and PRINCE2 Agile certifications bring in tremendous opportunities to become a competent product owner, project manager, service manager, software development manager, associate project manager, program manager, project leader, infrastructure project manager, project consultant, and project control officer, etc.