ITIL is a collection of guidelines that describes a framework to practice for delivering IT services. These practices can be from various sectors and domains which are recognized globally.
These frameworks define proper steps which align with IT business requirements. Many organizations across the globe follow the ITIL framework for smooth functioning and improving services.
It provides various benefits like:
- Reduced IT costs: The organizations will be able to provide a guided service as per the ITIL. With the proper service management, it makes sure that the IT costs are reduced, and services are provided precisely. While availing of such services the customers will recognize the benefits of reduced IT costs.
- Improved IT services: ITIL framework helps organizations to improve IT services. The ITIL guide helps to enhance the already present IT services.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction: As the experience, features, and functionality of the services are improved hence customer satisfaction is indirectly improved.
- Standard and Guidance: Every service which is provided by organizations has different dynamics. IT services like this need to have certain standards and guidelines.
- Improved Productivity: An organization that is availing the IT services from an IT service provider need not focus on managing the services. Hence the organization can improve their services for their customers and can improve their productivity through IT services provided to them.
- Improved Skills and Experience: As the IT service provider gives services to various organizations, they have experience in the various working environment. With every service, they provide skills and experience are enhanced with it.
- Improved delivery of 3rd party services: ITIL has the standards mentioned for all the 3rd party services. As with any service which is provided, they need a 3rd party suppliers should have a positive effect on the business. Their work pattern should align with the organizational work.
ITIL has gone through many alterations which are concerned about the various processes and stages of the IT service lifecycle.
- IT service management is based on the core for executing, controlling, and delivering IT services to make sure that the organization’s goals are met.
- It uses a proper blend of people, processes, and technology that provides value to the organization.
- When we have an organizational structure we need to define various roles and responsibilities as per the candidate’s skills and capabilities. Also, the tools and equipment which are used need to be properly configured for the smooth functioning of the process.
- Articulated and defined processes with an objective is a matrix to measure which involves critical success factors as well as key performance indicators.
- Something which we cannot measure and which does not have a matrix will not indicate how the process is performing. Hence it is necessary to define and consider the people, organizational structure, skills, capabilities, compatibilities, and process.
- Today’s technology should help the organization to collaborate better as the users are becoming smart and so the service providers should work even smarter. Intelligent systems are becoming part of today’s business environment which makes it very essential to consider the appropriate and right technology that suits today’s scenario.
ITSM Key Concepts
To get a thorough knowledge about ITIL and ITSM, one needs to know certain keywords that help to understand. They are the following:
A Value in an organization is the perceived benefits, which is having importance and use. Value is created by what Stakeholders, organizations, and Customers bring during the functioning of service. Value depends on what experience the consumers go through the service provided. It also depends on what background the consumer comes from and what is their perception? So many factors may bring variation in the value of an organization. This can minimize by the proper involvement of the consumers so that the value can be created and realized.
Co-creation of value should happen that refers to the strategy that encourages involvement from the customers to provide with greater experience. Active interactions should take between the service provider and the consumer so that the organizations understand their needs and any changes can be made as per the requirement which is feasible as per the contracts with the consumer.
A Service means giving value to customers with beneficial outcomes without them having to about specific costs and risks. Service is the complete experience that a consumer has while availing certain product from a service provider. The consumer also does not need to worry about the risks or costs involved while availing of the service.
Service Relationship is about the coordination between a service consumer and service provider. Services are provided and consumed, which creates a value between them.
Service Provider is a role provided by the enterprise which delivers services to the consumer. These service providers are from various sectors.
A consumer represents a customer and user. The customer is on who uses the requirements, the user is the one who uses these services and the sponsor is the one who approves the budget for these services.
An organization is a group of people that have to perform certain responsibilities, which have certain authorities and relationships to achieve their goal. It is a selected set of people who are found to be fit for performing various tasks in an organization for providing a fine service for all its consumers and customers.
Service Relationship management:
It is about the activities which are performed by the service providers and service consumers to create value for a particular service or product.
It is referred to the immediate result after completing a few tasks which essential in service providing.
Outcome can make a change and brings value to the organization. A single or multiple outputs make an outcome.
It is the functionality the service or the product offers to meet the organizational need. In different words, it is also known as fit for purpose. A product or service will become fit for purpose when it will have specific utility or functionality.
It is about the guarantee that a product or service will fulfill the requirement as discussed. It means that the end product for the consumers should be secure, available, capable, and continuous. These components are important in warranty which makes the product fit for use.
Why get ITSM certified?
- ITSM is a standard certification that helps organizations to align their daily work procedures systematically. It proves to be a guide for organizations irrespective of the sectors and domain.
- To get globally acknowledged many companies are using these methods and they require a candidate who is aware of it.
- Being an ITSM certified professional, an individual will gain knowledge about the various methodologies and processes that will be beneficial for the business.
- A piece of proper knowledge about the ITIL service lifecycle will give a forecast about what further steps should be taken for the development of the organization and customer satisfaction.
You can visit Microtek Learning and learn more about the ITIL4 certification.
Leave a query with us and take your first action towards a wonderful future!