Ethical hackers have a hard time finding employment. Hands-on experience with cutting-edge technology, SIEM solutions, and penetration testing tools could help you become very knowledgeable in the sector. Interviews, though, might not go exactly as expected.
The Certified Ethical Hacker certification may be an excellent choice if you’re seeking a high-paying position in information technology (IT). The CEH certification is provided by EC-Council and is intended to assist IT professionals in safeguarding their networks from assaults. You can obtain employment in the cybersecurity industry through a variety of avenues by earning the CEH certification. Your ability to identify vulnerabilities that a malevolent hacker could exploit is evaluated by the CEH exam. A CEH certificate gives you comprehensive knowledge of hacking tools, developing attack vectors, and preventive countermeasures so you can compete with the strategies and cunning of black hat hackers.
You can obtain CEH certification by attending classes at Microtek Learning. The institution not only provides students with the instruction needed to pass the CEH exam, but also continuous Career Services to assist them in finding high-paying jobs, as well as Financial Aid to those who qualify.
We’ll talk about a few of the most popular or well-paying careers that need the Certified Ethical Hacker certification in this article. Before getting into that, though, let’s look at the qualifications for becoming a Certified Ethical Hacker.
What Qualifies a Strong CEH Candidate?
A cyber security professional aiming to become an ethical hacker should also have as many of the following as necessary, in addition to the hard, technical abilities that will earn them their CEH certifications:
- Analytical abilities – The capacity to spot weaknesses in computer systems and think like a criminal
- Problem-solving abilities – The capacity to recognize and address security flaws with speed.
- Communication skills – The capacity to make thorough reports on discoveries and explain these to audiences of both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Patience – The capacity to navigate a computer system slowly while taking the time to test every potential attack vector.
- Tenacity – The determination to keep trying until they succeed.
- Creativity – The capacity to think creatively and devise original means of attack.
- Software expertise – The capacity to employ a range of software tools to support assessments, such as password crackers, vulnerability scanners, and protocol analyzers.
- Using social engineering techniques, it is possible to acquire access to systems by taking advantage of people’s vulnerabilities.
In addition to these abilities, an ethical hacker also referred to as a white-hat hacker should stay current with both advancements in the hacking field and the most recent trends in the cybersecurity sector. They also need to be educated about a wide range of hardware, networks, and operating systems.
What Jobs Are There If You Have A CEH Certification?
The demand for Certified Ethical Hackers is enormous, and those who have obtained the CEH certification can choose from a wide range of employment prospects. The following list includes some of the most popular or profitable cyber security positions that call for or benefit from the Certified Ethical Hacker certification:
- Cybersecurity Analyst – This position entails locating security hazards, handling incidents, and creating plans to reduce risks. With this title, certified ethical hackers may expect to make an average salary of $87,751.
- Cyber Security Engineer – Designing, creating, and testing security systems are the responsibilities of a cyber security engineer. They also develop plans for handling cybersecurity threats and incident response. With this title, certified ethical hackers may expect to make an average salary of $109,468 annually.
- Security Consultant – A security consultant is a specialist that helps clients create and implement security solutions while offering security advice. With this title, certified ethical hackers may expect to make an average salary of $104,790 annually. Senior security consultants may earn $121,626 per year on average.
- A CISO – Chief Information Security Officer is in charge of the whole information security of a business. With this title, certified ethical hackers can make an annual salary of at least $174,385 on average.
- Penetration Tester – A penetration tester, often known as a pen tester, models assaults to gauge an organization’s security. Certified ethical hackers in this field earn an average yearly salary of $91,894.
- Information Security Manager – A manager of information security is in charge of creating and putting into practice security policies and procedures. With this title, certified ethical hackers may expect to make an average salary of $117,153 annually.
- IT security architect – An organization’s security architecture is developed and implemented by an IT security architect. With this title, certified ethical hackers may expect to make an average salary of $125,032 annually.
Although by no means comprehensive, it is clear that there are numerous lucrative positions open to certified ethical hackers. Whether you want to advance in your present role or start a career in cybersecurity, earning the CEH certification is an excellent option.
A fantastic approach to begin a career in cybersecurity is by earning your CEH certification. You will be able to find employment in one of the IT sectors that are expanding the quickest with this qualification. Making the decision to become a Certified Ethical Hacker is the appropriate one if you’re seeking a job that is both fascinating and demanding.
You can accomplish it with Microtek Learning’s assistance! The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training has been acknowledged by the U.S. Department of Education as a reliable source of information about educational quality. If you want to learn more about getting certified at the best organizations in the world and getting a high-paying job in IT, as well as receiving quality Certified Ethical Hacker training, get in touch with us right away.