Why do you need ITIL Certification?
To understand ITIL, we need to first understand the various services and their management under ITSM.
What is ITSM?
ITSM stands for Information technology service management.
- It is a method to implement, manage and deliver quality IT services in the best possible way to meet the needs of the business.
- The main principle of any organization or a business is to provide good service to the customers.
- It is not just the end product that concerns the customer, but the service provided during the procedure is equally important.
- Good service supports the smooth functioning of the business.
- It makes sure that it is a proper blend of people, processes, and technology to provide value to the business.
- ITSM helps employees of the organization communicate with the IT team without knowing anything about technology and still get what they need and resolve their issues. ITSM creates a bridge between IT and customers by bringing direct value to the business.
- Several frameworks are implemented in ITSM, and one of the standard frameworks is the ITIL-Information Technology Infrastructure library.
- Information technology service management focuses on how an organization maintains IT services for customers.
- It controls various activities like planning, designing, delivering, deploying, and managing services.
ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library. It is a set of frameworks for IT services that helps align it with the requirements of a business. Many organizations across the globe, whether it is large or small, use ITIL to improve the value of their services.
ITIL helps organizations to save money and also works with more efficiency.
Benefits of the ITIL framework are:
- Reduced IT costs
- Enhanced IT services
- Improved productivity
- Appropriate management of business risk.
- Improved customer satisfaction by delivering efficient services
- Provides guidance to address service manage challenges
ITIL 4 version is the latest version released in February 2019 by Axelos.
In today’s advanced world, various organizations and businesses are depending on IT services. Hence IT teams are now becoming a crucial aspect of such organizations. ITIL4 certification training is creating a framework between IT teams and organizations.
It helps to function appropriately with flexibility and stability. Ultimately it benefits the result.
It mainly focuses on:
- Practical approach on how to manage the core principles of quality services
- How to implement ITIL in all organizations irrespective of the scale?
- How ITIL is utilized with frameworks such as Agile, Lean, and DevOps
The purpose of using ITIL4 framework is to improve efficiency and achieve service delivery. ITIL 4 focuses on the importance of creating a value, rather than just delivery. It involves value mentioned should always be from the customer perspective.
The service should provide a sense of outcome and value creation.
The customer should understand the outcome and value creation after using a particular product or service in the organization. ITIL focuses on how the feature and functionality of a particular product or service will be beneficial for the customer or the organization.
This helps the end customer to realize the value of the service and product.
ITIL 4 majorly focuses on:
- Managing specific costs and risks: An organization needs to manage wisely the money spent on a specific activity and resources. They need to maintain the cost and risk of the service. It is the responsibility of the service provider and not the end customer.
- Outcome: It is a result of service. Outcomes are specific and help you know whether you have reached your goal.
- Creation of value: To deliver high-quality output service provider should maintain an interactive relationship with its stakeholders.
So, a value must be clearly defined and showcased as it is vital for the stakeholders.
How do IT professionals follow ITSM and implement the ITIL framework?
ITIL is a guide of ITSM and contains about 26 processes whose purpose is to focus on aligning IT services with the needs of the business. IT professionals can pick and choose what works for their business.
But there are some of the processes that mostly all the IT firms use.
- Incident Management: It is adopted about 100% in the customer-based organization. In industry terms, it is called a ticketing tool. It ensures that normal service operation is restored as quickly as possible when an incident occurs.
- Change Management: It is adopted about 75% in organizations. Change Management is managing and controlling anything you would like to change in your org to keep disruptions to the business at a minimum. A change could be infrastructural, development of apps, and more.
- Problem management: It is adopted about 60% in the organization. Problem is a cause of more than one incident that all relate to the same issue. When a problem management ticket is under process all the related incidents are investigated and fixed. In this way, the customer won’t stay stuck, and the problem will be kept open in IT until a proper resolution is found to prevent future incidents. When the incidents cannot be prevented, problem management will help minimize the impact.
The difference between ITIL and ITSM is that ITIL is a view on how to do ITSM but not all ITSM is ITIL. There are many parts in ITIL and ITSM, but the real goal is to connect people and IT in the best way possible so that the customers will be happy, and your business will reap the benefits.
How is ITIL beneficial for your career growth?
Many organizations are now working on the ITIL framework for the smooth functioning of IT services. It helps the organization to lay out an efficient plan for the improvement of the service provided.
Hence when you become an ITIL certified professional, it proves that you know various entities and approaches in an ITIL framework to improve the service delivery.
ITIL certification reduces training costs for the companies if you are already certified. Hence when you attend a job interview, it makes you a better candidate than the rest.
Courses in ITIL Certification
At Microtek Learning, you will find a complete package for the ITIL certification.
It has two stages for completion as:
- ITIL Foundation Training
- ITIL Practitioner Training
For opting for these courses, you do not need prerequisite training, just a working experience of about 1- 2 years in the IT industry is enough. This training helps individuals to enhance the IT service delivery. It helps to increase productivity, capability, and competency to build a better relationship with the end customer and in the organization.
Visit our page at Microtek Learning to check all the information about the courses and pieces of training provided.